Well managed call centers complement everything else a company does to build strong customer relationships. Positive caller experiences build loyalty. Answering calls in a timely manner is the first step in creating a positive experience. While simple to state, it is difficult to do, especially on a consistent basis as callers expect. To keep your call center’s performance on target, you need the right tools and visibillity. Impact Technologies holds five (5) beliefs about Call Center Management Tools:
- Managers & Supervisors should be able to Modify their own Dashboards and Reports in Real Time!
- Agent Skill-Based Call Routing is Overused and the Value Overstated!
- License Fees at $1,200 to $1,500 per Agent are Excessive & Damaging!
- Overpriced Tools Don’t Mean Better Analytics!
- Implementation should not be Incredibly Complicated, Drawn Out nor Brutally Expensive!
Managers & Supervisors should be able to Modify their own Dashboards and Reports in Real Time!
Managers and supervisors know what information they need to manage their call centers and how it needs to be organized to maximize its value. Forcing them to put requests into a technical team simply wastes time of the managers, supervisors and technicians while delaying the realization of the modifications. Of course, this requires a technical skill set to be maintained inside the company, which can be complicated and expensive, or reliance on outside professional services, which is definitively expensive.
Agent Skill-Based Call Routing is Overused and the Value Overstated
The industry would have you believe that suffering through the complexity of assigning skills to each agent is critical to your call center’s success. It simply is not true. Agent Skill-Based Call Routing is not only time consuming upfront but requires significant effort to maintain agent skills assignment. For most call centers, the truth is that the simple one-time task of mapping skills to ACD Groups (a.k.a. Group Skill-Based Call Routing) is as effective in getting the right agent to the right call as Agent Skill-Based Call Routing.
Overpriced Tools Don’t Mean Better Analytics!
There are five (5) foundational issues that drive performance of a call center. Solutions that maintain focus on the core operational drivers behind success empower call center leadership to effectively and efficiently manage their centers. Expensive tools with lots of bells and whistles and tangential features often create distractions instead of presenting decisive, functional and intuitive displays and reports.
License Fees at $1,200 to $1,500 per Agent are Excessive & Damaging!
Not only do traditional call center solutions charge excessive fees upfront, they charge 15% to 20% per year thereafter. Over five (5) years this adds up to over $1,900 to $2,700 per agent. High license fees have three (3) horrific impacts:
- Denies many call centers the visibility they need to effectively manage their operation as they are not viewed as high valued enough to warrant the exorbitant fees charged by the industry’s traditional call center tool providers. So, they run blind with no analytics.
- Limits funds available to purchase other tools call centers could use to elevate their performance.
- Drains corporate profits needlessly.
Implementation should not be Incredibly Complicated, Drawn Out nor Brutally Expensive!
The industry’s traditional call center tool providers love having complicated systems because then they can sell overpriced professional services. Solutions take weeks or months to install. Call center staff is drowning in software implementation meetings and tasks and not focused on call center performance. And, what is complex to install, is complex to maintain.
There is a better way. It’s called OnTraQ!
OnTraQ for Cisco
OnTraQ for OpenScape 4000