Location: Chesterfield, MO USA
- Create financial transactions includes posting information to accounting journals or accounting software from such source documents as invoices to customers, cash receipts, and supplier invoices.
- Issue invoices to customers.
- Ensure that receivables are collected promptly.
- Record cash receipts and make bank deposits.
- Pay supplier invoices in a timely manner.
- Take all reasonable discounts on supplier invoices.
- Pay any debt as it comes due for payment.
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants.
- Collect sales taxes from customers and remit them to the government.
- Conduct a monthly reconciliation of every bank account.
- Conduct periodic reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy.
- Issue cash flow statements.
- Provide information to the external accountant who creates the company’s financial statements.
- Assemble information for external auditors for the annual audit.
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system.
- Maintain the chart of accounts.
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements.
- Process payroll in a timely manner.
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested.
- Follow accounting policies and procedures.
- Purchase supplies and equipment as authorized by management.
- Monitor office supply levels and reorder as necessary.
- Tag and monitor fixed assets.
- Manage benefit programs including employee enrollment.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles with an Associate's or Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience.
- Proficient user of accounting software.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations
Work hours will range between 20 to 30 hour per week. Much of the work can be done remotely though a regular presence in the office is needed. For working from home, you are responsible for assuring that your home work environment is compatible, properly equipped and productive. Compensation is commensurate with skills and experience. For immediate consideration, please forward your cover letter and resume to .
Back to Career Opportunities page.