Monitoring assets to prevent inventory loss. Improving efficiency by quickly locating an asset. Locating a person in need of assistance. These are only a few of the drivers for critical resource and asset tracking offered by DAKS Positioning Service (DPS). DPS solutions support:
- locating people wearing Wi-Fi medallions
- locating staff carrying Wi-Fi phones (e.g. Unify WL2 or Ascom i75)
- locating mobile assets with Wi-Fi tags (e.g. such as medical equipment)
- alerting service technicians in the vicinity of a problem
DAKS DPS-Basic Location Tool reports the location of a person carrying a HiPath WL2 phone or an asset with a Wi-Fi tag. The location is based on proximity to HiPath Wireless Access Points – Areas of Interest. For instance, a dispatcher could dial a phone number to access DAKS, be prompted to enter the phone number of the person he is trying to reach and hear a response such as "The person you are attempting to locate is in the west lobby."
When an Alert Notification or Emergency Conference is initiated by a WL2 phone, DAKS determines the location of the wireless phone initiating the broadcast or conference, and:
- location of initiator is displayed on phone text displays of notification recipients and conference members
- alert notification announcements and conference introduction announcements are augmented with initiator location
Sample message is: “The strongest received base stations are: Base station on 1st floor, window front east, received with a very strong signal, Base station on 1st floor, in front of LAN distribution box, received with a medium signal.” If a nurse is attacked or an elderly person falls, the alerted staff can be quickly dispatched to the proper location.
DAKS DPS-View provides a graphic browser-based rendition of the positioning results with three level drill-down customized maps and/or floor plans. This allows a centralized security staff or caregiver staff to quickly see the location of requested resources and assets.