Mergers and acquisitions, technology migrations and economic cycles make optimizing network capacity problematic. Putting voice or video on a network designed for delay introduces complexity to providing clear, reliable communications. Getting blindsided by any one of a number of potential network service problems is a real threat.
Leveraging your WAN to bypass the PSTN and save on toll charges is a key part of any multi-site VoIP network investment strategy. But, without credible reporting to capture the value of the potential savings promised by VoIP deployments, CFOs hesitate to approve needed investments for the network transition. Building your business case is critical.
Lack of effective analytics makes voice network management a complex challenge. Impact Technologies delivers definitive, easy-to-use solutions for complex problems. For voice networks, Traffic Analyst cuts through traditional telecom jargon and distills usage and performance data into timely, actionable intelligence that will have a dramatic impact on your business operations.
Traffic Analyst’s full life cycle capacity calibration and deep call forensics tools eliminate surprises by providing complete voice network visibility, be it a TDM or SIP network. Other solutions provide only a slice of what you need. Your switch manufacturer’s management tool is limited to just their platform and is not the focus of their best development efforts. Traffic Analyst is switch agnostic, providing visibility across all your vendors and platforms and is continually enhanced driven by market demands. Plus, you need to know more than just who called who and how much it costs. So why settle for call accounting when you can have call forensics? You require visibility into call quality beyond QoS, as well as your monetized savings from transporting calls over the internal network. Traffic Analyst is the answer!
Network – Optimize your TDM and/or SIP network with full life cycle calibration to minimize operating costs and assure targeted service levels.
Call Forensics – Go beyond call accounting to complete visibility into call quality analytics, call tracing and VoIP economics.
FULL LIFE CYCLE CAPACITY CALIBRATION
Networks are dynamic. Calibrating network capacity with demand is an on-going challenge. Whether you are managing a TDM network, preparing for or in process of a transition to SIP, or managing a SIP network, you need the right metrics and methodology to optimize your network. And, how do you determine the impacts of day-to-day business operational changes, such as consolidating office locations or transitioning to work-at-home call center agents? Traffic Analyst calibrates network capacity throughout the full life cycle of technology migrations and on-going economic cycles with these unique capabilities:
- Call Route Intelligence illustrates true caller grade of service based on how calls flow and overflow through the network.
- Usage Profiles take the guess work out of capacity decisions by showing detailed histograms of network utilization compared to configured capacity.
- Look Ahead Alarms trap and alert you of service problems, such as network saturation conditions, before they impact your business.
- Real-Time Monitoring keeps you continually updated on network utilization and saturation.
- What-If Modeling forecasts the impacts of changing call volumes, redesigning call routes, converting TDM load into IP Bandwidth and calibrating service levels to business requirements.
DEEP CALL FORENSICS
Today’s call accounting packages focus on expense management and fraud detection. Important, yes, but you need deep call forensics. You require QoS from the caller perspective, not just the networks. Beyond QoS, you need to see when and why calls drop abnormally. And, you need visibility to determine the actual return on investment of your VoIP deployment by monetizing your savings from transporting calls over the internal network. Go beyond a list of predefined reports and start leveraging a system that offers a complete view:
- Beyond Call Accounting - Traffic Analyst Cost Management features include flexible outgoing call classification and call costing for all call types, comprehensive reporting and fraud control.
- QoS & More - Pinpoint specific devices in your network experiencing problems. Traffic Analyst not only proactively highlights deteriorating call quality based on standard QoS metrics and thresholds you define (MOS, R-Factor, packet loss, latency, jitter), but it also includes reports and alarms for dropped calls. All this with no specialized hardware to deploy.
- VoIP Economics - Harvest and quantify VoIP savings by showing how calls are routing over your network and uncover unrealized savings.
- Call Tracing - Extensively search and drill down to trace calls as they transfer inside a switch and traverse through multiple switches to research threats and diagnosis call routing.
YOUR NETWORK, YOUR WAY
By overcoming the limitations and complications of the industry’s traditional engineering methodologies, Traffic Analyst provides a simple, more reliable alternative to improve the service and cost performance of your voice network.
- Customizable Dashboard honed to each user and environment, streamlining the task of network management
- Unlimited Reports & Charts put all your key metrics and views at your fingertips with no time wasted waiting for a vendor to build a new report
- Virtual Groups give you the flexibility to choose any combination of switches, trunk groups, routes, stations, departments, cost centers and more for your reports.
- Alarm Management through user-defined alerts of deteriorating service levels, fraudulent use of the network and emergency calls
- Switch Platform Agnostic for integrated analysis of networks with a mix of telephony switches from multiple manufacturers
- Network Discovery to automatically detect changes in the network, eliminating time-consuming and tedious configuration tasks
Do you prefer to own and operate the solution on your site? Or, is the option to minimize your upfront investment more attractive? You choose the model that works best for your organization.
- Premise-based license and subscription options are available
- A hosted, managed services option is available, providing:
- Minimal upfront investment
- No equipment to maintain or upgrades to install
- Access via a web browser
- Traffic Study - 5 days to 13 weeks, including 30 day access to Traffic Analyst for detailed investigation
- Network Analysis - Traffic Study plus inventory of routing plans and trunk groups, what-if modeling and optimization recommendations